Main Page Edit
Suggestions for Main Page in Main Page 2.
Is anyone aliveEdit
If no one is alive (I cant see any recent changes for 30 days... and there doesnt appear to be any pages but the main page when hitting Random Page...), I would like to take over this wikicity and actualy do something with it.
- The person who requested this wiki only ever made 3 edits, so feel free to relaunch it. Let me know if you need any help. Angela (talk) 04:12, 8 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- I like the idea of such a wiki. I've always wondered where I should dump/put various info I learn about my own phone, by installing various software on it. Olewi 21:56, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
You might have noticed a new feature called Wikia Spotlight above the ads. We are featuring eight wikis here to see whether this is useful in bringing in new users. The Cell Phone Enthusiasts Wiki is one of the first ones to be shown in this feature, and I'd appreciate your feedback at Wikia:Forum:Wikia Spotlight about whether you think this is useful, and whether it has brought any new users to your wiki. The eight wikis we're trying this with first are World Wikia, Marvel Universe, Halopedia, Cell Phone Enthusiasts, iPod, PokerWiki, The Film Guide, and RuneScapeWiki. Angela (talk) 14:03, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
I don't see this Wikia as being able to provide much that Wikipedia doesn't already. I nominate this Wikia for deletion so as not to have a duplication of effort. --jk
- I think there's a huge amount of content that cell phone enthusiasts can write that would not fit in an encyclopedia. Guides to using cellphones, reviews of phones, tips, where to buy phones, latest offers and deals, troubleshooting, how to contact phone manufacturers, where to buy new parts and accessories, etc, etc. All Wikipedia has is a description of what a phone is. Enthusiasts need far more than that. There should be very little overlap since enthusiasts don't need encyclopedic descriptions of their phones - they need detailed guidance of how to buy, use and improve on their phones, none of which is acceptable in Wikipedia. Angela (talk) 09:33, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
- It would collaborate with Wireless Wikia.
- I think it's true to some sense. In wikipedia I could never type how to use my TS605 regarding the bluetooth technology(connecting, pairing, chatting). It's not even documented in the official manual. How-to guides need either go to wikibooks or at wikia. Olewi 09:58, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Other languages Edit
- es:Principal for Main Page in Spanish.